Coconut oil for psoriasis
coconut oil for psoriasis. Psoriasis is a chronic auto immune condition that causes the rapid buildup of skin cells. It is often is related to inherited genes, however flare ups are often linked to diet or environmental triggers.. Because of the effects on the surface of the skin, the appearance may scare many. It is however non-contagious.
Psoriasis is an over production of skin cells. the skin cells then cause a lapping over effect. The surface skin because of being cut from any nutrition form a scaling over effect. Certain parts of the body like the legs, the joints, or on sensitive areas of the body can therefore cause a lot of pain and itching.
Psoriasis symptoms. What to look for.
There is no known cure for Psoriasis. of course there are treatments for the flare ups. First you must identify the varying types of Psoriasis
- Plaque psoriasis or psoriasis vulgaris. Common plaque type hard white skin with lots of peeling.
- Guttate psoriasis. Small, drop-like spots
- Inverse psoriasis. In the folds like of the underarms, navel, groin, and buttocks. looks smooth almost like a pink raw salmon.
- Pustular psoriasis. Small pus-filled yellowish blisters. looks like a collection of 100’s of tiny pimples.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis. The entire skin surface is involved with the disease. Patients with this form of psoriasis often feel cold. Also they may develop congestive heart failure if they have a preexisting heart problem.
- Nail psoriasis. This produces yellow pitted nails that can be confused with nail fungus.
- Scalp psoriasis. Thus can be severe enough to produce localized hair loss, plenty of dandruff, and severe itching.
Psoriasis common flare up triggers
Common flare up are often triggered by:
- Infections. Such as strep throat or skin infections.
- Injury to the skin. A cut or scrape, a bug bite, or a severe sunburn.
- Heavy alcohol use.
- Lack of Vitamin D.
- Certain medicines.
- Including lithium, which is prescribed for bipolar disorder.
- High blood pressure medicines such as beta blockers.
- Antimalarial drugs, and iodides.
Further studies show that heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, inflammatory bowel disease, hyperlipidemia, liver problems, and arthritis. These are more common in patients with psoriasis. Additionally, please make sure your primary care doctor is in the loop on all treatments of Psoriasis
Organic coconut oil for psoriasis benefits
There are a lot of really cool features to CocoMe organic coconut oil. Especially for those who have issues with eczema. Though eczema cannot be cured, Proper use of CocoMe can limit and many times eliminate the discomfort that eczema can cause. More importantly, It also protects from further damage caused by bacteria and fungus. These infections try to seize an opportunity to take advantage of poor skin as they can grow faster.
- Moisturize. This delivers nutrients to the damaged skin. Psoriasis main cause is the lack of nutrition that reaches the outer layers of the skin. CocoMe organic coconut oil actually is made up of the same medium chain fatty acids that fuels the skin. The Beeswax actually creates a protective barrier while the coconut oil does its job at healing and providing nourishment. You are not just treating the symptoms. You are also healing the damaged area.
- Anti-fungal and Antibacterial. This protects the skin from any further damage while keeping the area clean as the skin grows.
- Anti itching. This is huge. no more itching. No more scratching. keep the infection from spreading.
- Anti-inflammation. The unique effects of virgin coconut oil stops the inflammation and adds a cool barrier to the effected region.
- Therefore, it gives the body the additional nutrients. To minimize future flareups.
How to use CocoMe organic coconut oil for psoriasis.
How to use organic coconut oil for psoriasis.
- Psoriasis flare ups by itself is treatable. However it can lead to more severe medical problems. Please remain in constant contact with your Doctor.
- Clean with cool water. Gently remove any excess debris away from the area. Also, the cool water will lessen the inflammation and pain. Let the water drip away but do not use a towel to dry. It can actually spread and bacteria or fungus in the wound.
- Then apply a generous amount of CocoMe Organic Coconut Oil. It is perfectly OK if it gets into the cracks or wounds caused by psoriasis. The natural organic properties do not cause any harm if absorbed into the blood stream. It actually feeds the blood around the area to promote faster healing and skin growth.
- If the psoriasis is severe. Also Cover the wound with sterile dressing and tape. If the area is not bleeding or have a rash, there is no need to use dressing.
- Feel free to take pictures of using coconut oil for psoriasis before and after. This way you can monitor the process and the results. Therefore it takes about 2 weeks to see the real changes.