Coconut Oil Breastfeeding
Coconut oil breastfeeding? Is Coconut oil good for breast feeding? Does it work? When do I use it? How do I avoid soreness, blisters, and bleeding due to breastfeeding? does coconut oil for breast feeding really help with all that How long does it take?In this article we will provide clarity to why coconut oil is the number one skin regiment for breastfeeding. Why does this stuff actually work? Dermatologists and experts in skin care will clarify. We will look at the results and health benefits it has to offer. Therefore, we will proceed to give detailed instructions on how to use organic coconut oil as in CocoMe.
What Causes Soreness, Bleeding, and Blisters in Breastfeeding?
First, let’s take a look at some facts to what causes painful soreness, bleeding, and blisters in breastfeeding. According to Wikipedia, “Cracked nipple is a condition that can occur in breastfeeding women as a result of a number of possible causes.
Developing a cracked nipple can result in soreness, dryness or irritation to or bleeding of, one or both nipples during breastfeeding. If cracked nipples left untreated, it can cause blisters.”
Another situation that could happen in breastfeeding is mastitis. It is a serious condition to which the breast is infected from duct blockage. “Mastitis is an inflammation of the breast. It causes local pain, redness, swelling, and warmth. Later stages of mastitis cause symptoms of systemic infection like fever and nausea.”
Many of these problems women may experience during breastfeeding are just because of infant sucking. The infant has to latch correctly in order to prevent some of these problems. Even then, you can still fall susceptible to these issues because of constant sucking of the nipples or duct blockage for mastitis.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Breast feeding
The benefits of coconut oil breastfeeding are beyond amazing. According to Tera Hamann, Coconut oil is actually what she recommends over lanolin or mineral oil for nipple pain. She says that while lanolin is great for chapped skin, it doesn’t have any healing properties. It is also made out of harsh chemicals that is not safe for your baby’s body.
- Coconut oil on the other hand, is a natural antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal.
- It is a healing moisturizer and continuous use of coconut oil for breast feeding can prevent infections.
- It will stop the itching and the inflammation that causes the pain and many times causes duct blockage in the breast.
- Coconut oil is made of a lauric acid protein, the same as found in mother’s milk. It is safe for your baby to eat so you don’t have to wipe it off.
- CocoMe organic coconut oil is safe for the baby if consumed, and the healing properties also benefit the babies immune system.
- Coconut oil is easy for an infant’s immature digestive system to absorb and utilize. It also provides healing properties and energy . In the form of medium chain fatty acids to help the baby grow and develop properly. Dr Claudia Pillow PHD
Summary of coconut oil breastfeeding benefits
Not only does coconut oil have all of this but it’s great for your skin. Other lotions will not have the healing power that coconut oil has. It has been used for centuries and the great thing about it is that it’s all natural. Like the doctor said, it has the power to be anti-fungal, antimicrobial, and prevent infections all while giving nutrients to the skin. In Conclusion, coconut oil breastfeeding is safe. It works. No Harsh Chemicals. And coconut oil breastfeeding is all completely Natural. With a history that goes back thousands of years in tropical regions.
Even the well known actress Crissy Teagan uses coconut oil for breastfeeding. She prefers it over anything else.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Breast feeding
Here are some steps on how to use CocoMe organic coconut oil bodystick.
- First you clean the area you would like to use the CocoMe on whether that’s after a shower, washing your face, washing your hands, and etc.
- Then you apply the CocoMe product on the desired area. The Organic coconut oil will do the healing while the Beeswax, maintains the moisture and prevents evaporation.
- Next you rub CocoMe coconut oil for breast into the desired area and you are all set.
- Its super simple to use and safe for everyone. It has so many amazing affects and it is so easy to use.
- In extreme cases, or if the soreness does not clear up within a few days, please consult your physician.