Coconut oil benefits for hair
Coconut oil benefits for hair? does it help? will it work for my hair? Is coconut oil good for your hair? or is it an old wives tale? Tell me how to apply coconut oil to hair? Do I use coconut oil for dry hair or oily hair? Will it cause more damage?
Is coconut oil good for your hair? This question and many more is what we hope to address with this article. We will look at in-depth doctors notes, tests, and look at how this can work for you. Of course we are all unique and different. Our hair is a statement to who we are or what we want to portray. This is a topic that is important to each of us. We respect the fact that this is important. We hope that through this article, you will find out the amazing coconut oil benefits for hair.
Is coconut oil good for your hair. How does is compare to traditional non organic brands?
Lets take a look at what the experts say about coconut oil benefits for hair.
- “Coconut oil is able to penetrate the hair shaft due to its low molecular weight and affinity for proteins,” Francesca Fusco, MD, a dermatologist at Wexler Dermatology in NYC.
- According to the journal of cosmetic science coconut oil, is a better penetration than mineral oil. It may provide better protection from damage. Why is coconut oil good for your hair? Since most conditioners are mineral oil based, this show that organic coconut oil is more effective for damaged hair and to maintain a healthy and vibrant sheen.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the scalp and hair with a Rejuvenating Coconut Oil Hair Mask. we found that the formula of Organic pure coconut oil and beeswax hold in the moisture and the protein in the hair so it is more repair features than any other treatments we have found. and since the hair is mostly made up of protein, a 20 to 30 minute hair mask before bed is very effective. Is coconut oil good for your hair? read the doctors notes attached and find out.
- And in Ebony.com it is a common treatment for Black Women Using it on Their Edges for fuller and healthier hair
- Read our detailed study at the effects on our hair with non organic mineral oil. A derivative of Gasoline.
The actual coconut oil benefits for hair
Here is a list of why Organic coconut oil by CocoMe is perfect for your hair
- Medium chained lauric acid. This is nutrition protein for your hair in the purest form. Mineral based non organic substances just add a coating to it to protect from the elements or add a shine to it. The Medium chained lauric acid protein in coconut oil benefits for hair is actually is absorbed and penetrates every strand of hair providing the nutrients that the hair needs to remain healthy and shiny on it’s own. Even after the treatment, you will see the residual growth and strengthening of your hair.
- Additional sealed protection with the organic beeswax. The beeswax helps keep the nutrients in the hair longer instead of allowing the element in the air to evaporate it away. As a result, You can use less and get better results.
- “The combination of anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti fungal and hydrating properties make it truly unique,” says Whitney P. Bowe, MD, a dermatologist at Advanced Dermatology PC
- Due to these healing properties, no flakes, dandruff, and a significant decrease in split ends. In one study, coconut oil reduced protein loss in both damaged—and undamaged—hair when used before shampooing and as a leave-in treatment.
- A perfect leave in conditioner. That actually adds nutrients to the hair, not strips it away.
Is organic coconut oil for dry hair or oily hair?
As mentioned in other articles on this site. Everybody is unique. Every body has unique skin and hair. How to apply coconut oil to hair varies on who you are.
Is coconut oil good for your hair The simple answer is Absolutely Yes. Coconut Oil is beneficial with all types of hair.
And now for the “but”. Because every body is unique and different, the amount, times, and frequency can and must vary to what is best for you. There is no automatic plan that works for everyone around the world. I wish we were able to create an instruction manual like that. We however do not make any attempt to put all of you in the same tiny box. Instead, we want to point out that:
- It is 100% organic with no chemicals, or preservatives. Created in fair trade and cold pressed to maintain all the nutrients. Two ingredients, that is all. Nature made it perfect, we just repackaged it.
- Organic Coconut oil does not strip your hair of precious nutrients, it actually adds to it. It does not matter if you use coconut oil for dry hair or oily hair.
- It protects from the Sun and harmful bacteria or fungus that can damage the hair.
- The anti-aging qualities of coconut oil for dry hair also applies. Thus bringing new life to your hair.
- Adjust the instructions below to find out how to apply coconut oil to hair. Therefore, as stated before every one is unique and different. Find what works for you.
Instructions how to apply coconut oil to hair.
How to apply coconut oil to hair as a mask.
- Make sure your hair is dry.
- Apply CocoMe Organic Coconut oil to your hair. Unlike many coconut oils, the CocoMe body stick will remain soft but will not drip everywhere.
- Apply 1- 3 coats until you can visibly see some of the CocoMe coating the hair.
- Wrap and cover with a shower cap. Or something else to cover your hair so it stays in position.
- Leave in for at least 20 minutes. For extremely damaged hair, you can leave it in longer or overnight.
- Wash your hair. Use shampoo if you like. We prefer organic shampoo that does not strip away from your hair. The goal is to wash out any excess visible CocoMe. If there is a lot of excess that was not absorbed into the hair or scalp, use less CocoMe or let the hair sit longer. CocoMe actually absorbs into the hair and scalp. So do not be surprised if there is no excess that gets washed out.
- Some do this on a biweekly basis, some once a week. Some only once per month. In time, your hair will show you how frequently you need a hair mask. Coconut oil for dry hair may need more treatments while oily hair may need less.
How to apply coconut oil to hair as a leave in conditioner.
- After you take a shower and wash your hair, try to squeeze the excess moisture out of your hair. Use a towel if necessary.
- Apply a thin coat of CocoMe organic coconut oil. Just enough until you see a little of the coconut oil shine to it. Coconut oil for dry hair will require a thicker coat at first, but only until you see the shine.
- Let it set for up to 10 minutes before preparing your hair for the day or evening. This 10 minutes or so allows the proteins to absorb into the hair thus providing nutrients to maintain healthy hair.